IANTD Self-Sufficient diver
The IANTD Self-sufficient diver program has been designed to provide qualified divers with “self-supported – self-sufficient” training.
Requirements for Self-Sufficient diver
- Must be a qualified IANTD Deep diver or equivalent.
- Proof of a minimum of 25 logged dives or sufficient experience to satisfy the instructor that
the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
- You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
IANTD Self-Sufficient diver program
- Self-sufficient diver theory.
- Minimum of 90 minutes of open water bottom time completed within four (4) dives.
- Equipment configuration and skill practicing in confined water.
- S-Drill, valve shutdowns, SMB practice and gas management.
- Navigation and simulating of equipment failure.
- Propulsion techniques: modified flutter, frog and standard shuffle kicks and helicopter turn.
All the dives will be made with double valves and 2 primary regulators.
How long will it take?
The complete course takes 3 days.
What does the IANTD Self-Sufficient diver cost?
€ 399 Included Taxes and:
- Transfer from hotel to dive center
- Free transport from dive center to the dive site
- Self-sufficient diver theory and manual
- 4 open water dives
- Temporary use of course materials
- Cylinder refills during the course
- IANTD Self-sufficient certificate
Note: Extra sessions, or open water dives, may be required to reach the standard. Each extra session costs € 45.