As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a PADI scuba instructor!
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization.
You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
Have 60 logged dives, including navigation, deep, and night dives.
Certified diver for at least 6 months.
Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months.
Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
You build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of these sections:
PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Programs
Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialties
Teaching in Confined Water
Conducting Open Water Training Presentations
Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations
Dive Rescue Skills Assessment
The complete training takes 4 days.
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
• Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
• During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor.
• Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
• Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
• Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses.
• Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course.
• Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water.
• Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions.
• Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photography specialty course under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating.
Assistant Instructor € 450. Included Taxes and:
Free transport from dive center to dive site.
Not included in the course price!
• PADI IDC Crew pack Item Number: 60134
• Current PADI Instructor Manual, paper or digital version
• Recreational Dive Planner: table and eRDPML with Instructions for Use booklets
For required (dive)equipment have a look at: PADI IDC Tenerife
Go Pro like: PADI Instructor