PADI Tec 50
The third part of the full Tec Deep Diver program is the PADI Tec 50 course. As a Tec 50 diver, you show that you’ve developed competency as a technical diver and have the skills to dive to a maximum of 50 meters/165 feet.
You know how to make extended, accelerated decompression stops using up to two gases.
It’s not easy to reach this level and earning your Tec 50 certification opens the door to deeper diving expeditions.
Requirements for Tec 50
- You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
- Certified as a PADI Tec 45 diver or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 meters/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 meters/100 feet.
- A Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Note for the purposes of this level, a qualifying technical certification is one that qualifies the student to make decompression dives to 45 meters/145 feet using air, EANx and oxygen using open circuit scuba equipment, ask us if there is any doubt.
PADI Tec 50 program
The Tec 50 course includes two knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives.
A primary focus of this course is:
- Mission planning and execution.
- You learn more about handling emergencies.
- How to think like a technical diver.
How long will it take?
* The complete program takes minimum 3 days if agreed prerequisites met (self study).
What does the PADI Tec 50 cost?
€ 499 Included Taxes and:
- Transfer from hotel to dive center
- Free transportation from dive center to dive site
- PADI/DSAT Tec deep diver manual, unless it is already in your possession
- 2 knowledge development sessions
- 3 Practical applications
- 4 dives, 1 confined water and 3 open water
- Rental double cylinder inclusive air
- Rental of 2 stage/decompression cylinders inclusive decompression gas up to 100%
- Rental of 2 stage/decompression regulators inclusive rigging kit and cam-bands
- Rental wing with back plate and harness
- Rental 2 first and second stages with longhose configuration
- Analyzer rental
- PADI Tec 50 certification
Note that decompression gasses are only included for the minimum requirements.
If you want to do the Tec 50 in sidemount configuration than you need to be certified as a PADI Tec sidemount diver. In that case the rental of the sidemount equipment is included in the course price.
Tec 50 – what will I need?
All you need is your dive certificate, logbook and dive insurance.
Standard dive equipment is not included in the program price but we offer a 50% discount on the rental price during this course.
Tec 50 qualifies you to:
Dive to a maximum depth of 50 meters/165 feet or less using air, enriched air and oxygen.
Make limited decompression dives.
Use two decompression gases of EANx and 100 percent oxygen to make your decompression more conservative or to accelerate your decompression.
COMBO Tec 40 + Sidemount
Min. 4 days, 669 euro. – BOOK NOW
Tec 40 + Sidemount offers the same benefits as the PADI Sidemount course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2 tanks for extended decompression dive times.
COMBO Tec 40 + Tec 45
Min. 4 days, 749 euro. – BOOK NOW
A combo of the Tec 40 and Tec 45 courses, done consecutively.
COMBO Tec 40 + Tec 45 + Tec 50
Min. 7 days, 1099 euro. – BOOK NOW
A combo of the Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses, done consecutively.
Note minimum mentioned days if agreed prerequisites met (self study).
What will your next adventure be?