PADI TecRec programs
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving.
You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your Tec diver training.
• You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
• Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
• PADI Enriched Air Diver with at least 10 dives using enriched air deeper than 18 meter/60 feet.
• PADI Deep Diver or proof of at least 10 dives to 30 meter/100 feet.
• Have a minimum of 30 logged dives (10 with EANx, 7 deeper than 30 meter/100 feet).
You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
• Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply, ask us if there is any doubt.
The Tec 40 course consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four training dives. You’ll learn about:
• Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities.
• Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up.
• Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning.
• Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations.
* The complete program takes minimum 2 days if agreed prerequisites met (self study).
• Dive to a maximum depth of 40 meters/130 feet using air or enriched air.
• Make dives with up to 10 minutes required decompression.
• Use enriched air nitrox with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) during decompression to make it more conservative.
The Tec 40 program cost, 399 euro. Included Taxes and:
Free transfer from hotel to dive center.
Free transport from dive center to dive site.
PADI – DSAT Tec Deep Diver manual.
3 Knowledge Developments.
3 Practical Applications.
4 Dives (1 Confined Water, 3 Open Water).
Rental single or double cylinder inclusive Air.
Rental stage/decompression cylinder inclusive decompression gas up to 50%.
Rental stage/decompression regulator inclusive rigging kit and cambands.
Rental wing with back plate and harness.
Rental 2 first and second stages with longhose configuration.
PADI Tec 40 certification.
Standard dive equipment is not included in the program price but we offer a 50% discount on the standard rental price during this course.
• Note that decompression gasses are only included for the minimum requirements.
COMBO Tec 40 + Sidemount, Min. 4 days, 669 euro.
Tec 40 + Sidemount offers the same benefits as the PADI Sidemount course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2 tanks for extended decompression dive times.
COMBO Tec 40 + Tec 45, Min. 4 days, 749 euro.
A combo of the Tec 40 & Tec 45 courses done back to back.
COMBO Tec 40 + Tec 45 + Tec 50, Min. 7 days, 1099 euro.
A combo of the Tec 40 & Tec 45 & Tec 50 courses done back to back.
• Note minimum mentioned days if agreed prerequisites met (self study).