PADI Tec 50
The third part of the full Tec Deep Diver program is the PADI Tec 50 course. As a Tec 50 diver, you show that you’ve developed competency as a technical diver and have the skills to dive to a maximum of 50 meters/165 feet.
You know how to make extended, accelerated decompression stops using up to two gases.
It’s not easy to reach this level and earning your Tec 50 certification opens the door to deeper diving expeditions.
Requirements for Tec 50
- You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
- Certified as a PADI Tec 45 diver or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 meters/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 meters/100 feet.
- A Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Note for the purposes of this level, a qualifying technical certification is one that qualifies the student to make decompression dives to 45 meters/145 feet using air, EANx and oxygen using open circuit scuba equipment, ask us if there is any doubt.
What does the PADI Tec 50 cost?
€ 499 Included Taxes and:
- 4 dives, 1 confined water and 3 open water *
- Practical applications
- knowledge development sessions
- PADI/DSAT Tec deep diver manual, unless it is already in your possession
- Use of double cylinder inclusive air
- Use of of 2 complete stage/decompression cylinders inclusive decompression gas up to 100%
- Use of wing with back plate and harness
- Use of 2 first and second stages with longhose configuration
- PADI Tec 50 certification
Note that decompression gasses are only included for the minimum requirements.
*If you don’t meet the required skill standards during the four Tec 50 dives, we will have to make additional dives, each additional dive will cost 99 euro, this includes necessary gases.
PADI Tec 50 program
The Tec 50 course includes two knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives.
A primary focus of this course is:
- Mission planning and execution.
- You learn more about handling emergencies.
- How to think like a technical diver.
Required dive equipment
- Double cylinders 12 l with isolator (rental is included during the course)
- Wing, the size and shape must be appropriate to the cylinder size used during the training (rental is included during the course)
- Backplate and harness with one continuous piece of webbing and five D-rings (rental is included during the course)
- One first stage with DIN connection that supply a primary second stage via a 2 m long hose (with stainless steel bolt snap) and a inflator hose connected to the wings inflator
- One first stage with DIN connection that supply a necklaced backup second stage via a short hose and a analog pressure gauge (the high pressure hose must contain a stainless steel bolt snap), if needed inflator hose for the dry suit.
- Adequate thermal protection (dry suit is recommended)
- If you dive in a wetsuit than a cargo short is mandatory (available for rent)
- Mask and rigid (non-split) fins
- Backup mask
- Spool with a minimum of 30 m of line and a stainless steel double-ender
- One SMB (surface marker buoy), closed model
- One extra stainless steel double-ender
- One backup light with stainless steel bolt snap, stored on the harness chest D-ring
- Two enriched air dive computers or one enriched air dive computer and one digital bottom timer (at least one multiple gas computer is recommended)
- Wrist-mounted underwater compass
- Wetnotes with pencil plus stainless steel double-ender
- Knife or line cutter and backup
- Optional, one stage leash with a stainless steel double-ender (available for rent)
Aquarius dive center prides itself on extremely high standards of safety and quality and as such reserve the right to refuse any equipment deemed not to meet these standards. To be sure that your equipment meets the course requirements you should contact us so we can discuss details in advance. If there is a need for you to buy equipment, you will find most of it in our dive shop, or online 24/7 at our webstore.
Tec 50 – what will I need?
You must bring proof that you meet the minimum requirements for Tec 50, logbook and dive insurance.
The required dive equipment, not included in course costs, must either be brought by student or rented from us. We offer a 50% discount on standard dive equipment rental price during this course. Please check with us what is available to rent and, inform us in advance of requirements.
How long will it take?
* The complete program takes 4 days if the agreed conditions of self study are met.
Mandatory self study
Before the student attends the first course date, any knowledge development section(s), knowledge review(s) and, if applicable, the course handouts provided will be studied and all the necessary questions are answered by the student. If the student does not meet these requirements, the course needs to be extended by one (1) day and we will charge an additional 100 euro for this extra day.
1. To get the most out of your Tec 50 training it is important that you have control over your buoyancy and trim. As a guideline, you should be in a nearly horizontal position and remain stationary at a target depth while demonstrating a skill.
If you are unsure whether you can meet these requirements, consider following our XTend on TB – Trim and Buoyancy training.
2. If you want to do the Tec 50 in sidemount configuration than you need to be certified as a PADI Tec sidemount diver and have proof of sufficient experience in sidemount diving. Please discuss with us for clarification. In that case the rental of the sidemount equipment is included in the course price.
3. If you need our pick-up service, please contact us about the possibilities.
Tec 50 qualifies you to:
Dive to a maximum depth of 50 meters/165 feet or less using air, enriched air and oxygen.
Make multistop decompression dives.
Use two decompression gases of EANx and 100 percent oxygen to make your decompression more conservative or to accelerate your decompression.
Tec combo options:
COMBO Tec 40 + Sidemount
4 days, 669 euro. – BOOK NOW
Tec 40 + Sidemount offers the same benefits as the PADI Sidemount course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2 tanks for extended decompression dive times.
COMBO Tec 40 + Tec 45
7 days, 799 euro. – BOOK NOW
A combo of the Tec 40 and Tec 45 courses, done consecutively.
COMBO Tec 40 + Tec 45 + Tec 50
10 days, 1099 euro. – BOOK NOW
A combo of the Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses, done consecutively.
Note mentioned days if the agreed conditions of self study are met.