FAQ, Frequently Asked Questions
If your question is not listed here in FAQ, Frequently Asked Questions or covered on our website, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
The information outlined below is subject to change without notice. Please always check for the latest page update.
Do you offer a pick-up service?
Yes, we offer free transfers to all the dive sites from our dive center. For hotels situated between El Medano and Callao Salvaje we offer free transfer to our dive center in El Fraile.
We use two 9-seater Van´s and a 7 seat MCV.
What do I need to know about taking part in diving activities with you?
Check-in time is 09:00 am for the first dive of the day, or a course. To plan for a next day activity or arrange air fills, we are open till 05:30 pm.
As a diver, participating in our guided shore and boat dives, you need to bring dive certification and logbook.
To comply with legal requirements in The Canaries you must have valid dive insurance. We need to see proof of this. The law also require SMB and whistle.
You will be required to fill out some paperwork at the dive center;
- Statement of Risk and Liability form
- Standard Safe Diving Practices, Statement of Understanding form
- Medical Statement form stating that you have no medical condition which would prevent you from diving.
If you have such a medical condition then a medical certificate signed by a doctor will be required.
Can you arrange dive insurance for me?
Do I need to bring my own SMB, spool and whistle?
To comply with legal requirements in The Canaries you must have SMB and whistle.
When you come with your own dive equipment during guided dives we recommend to bring SMB, spool and whistle. If you don´t have these items we rent the SMB and spool for 1 euro p/dive and the whistle we sell for 4 euro.
During most of our courses the SMB, spool and whistle are included in the course price but we advice to inform if there is any doubt.
If you rent a complete dive set during guided dives the price is included whistle, SMB and spool.
How do I book a diving course or dive-package with you?
- In the main menu under “prices” you will find the specific activity you are interested in. You can use there the options to book dives and or courses.
- Go to shop and you can book and pay directly any activity you are interested in.
- You can go to our contact page and use one of the options to contact us.
- If you are already in Tenerife, just drop in and see us, we can discuss your requirements face to face and discuss any details.
How many dives a day do you offer?
Two dives a day with the possibility for a third (night dive).
We only accept bookings for night dives, in person, at the dive center.
For prices you can check our diving prices.
Do you offer your services for diving groups and clubs?
Yes, for groups, and for clubs we offer our services, contact us for details and very attractive group booking prices.
I am alone, can I still go diving with you?
Yes, that’s no problem. On all our dives, at all times, there is always a guide in the water, so you will never dive alone.
What do you advice to bring in extra with me?
Considering that most of the activities/courses last 4 to 8 hours we highly recommend to bring with you something to eat and drink.
Keep also in mind that the sun is very intense and to avoid sun burns between the dives, bring some sun cream (we advise SPF Factor 50) a pair of sunglasses and a hat.
Are the dives from shore or boat?
Tenerife has fantastic dive locations, accessed by both boat or shore entry.
What is the average water and land temperature in Tenerife?
The water temperature is around 19 degrees in the winter and 24 degrees in the summer months.
Land temperature is around 20 degrees in the winter and 28 degrees in the summer.
The coldest period is from December to March and the warmest period from May to October.
|January||22 ℃||20.5 ℃|
|February||22 ℃||19.5 ℃|
|March||23 ℃||19.5 ℃|
|April||23 ℃||19.5 ℃|
|May||24 ℃||20.5 ℃|
|June||25 ℃||21.5 ℃|
|July||28 ℃||22 ℃|
|August||28 ℃||23 ℃|
|September||28 ℃||24 ℃|
|October||27 ℃||24 ℃|
|November||25 ℃||22.5 ℃|
|December||23 ℃||21 ℃|
What suit you recommend for diving?
In the summer period you can dive with a 3 to 5 mm suit, while in the winter period a full 5 to 7 mm suit is recommended for your thermal comfort.
What is the average underwater visibility in Tenerife?
The visibility is very good, due to the volcanic underwater rock formations. It ranges from 10 to 30 plus meters with an average of over 20 meters.
When is the best time to dive?
We are lucky, diving is good all year round. Here on the South of the island we are not affected much by the weather.
If the wind or current is a factor, then we simply choose another location. There is always somewhere that is dive-able.
How much time should I wait before Flying after diving?
Flying After Diving guidelines say divers should not ascend to a high altitude:
- After single no-decompression dives, then a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested.
- After multiple no-decompression dives per day or multiple days of diving, then a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 18 hours is suggested.
- For dives requiring decompression stops, then a pre-flight surface interval substantially longer than 18 hours appears prudent. Whenever possible, wait 24 hours.
Consider this also if you want to visit Tenerife´s volcano “Teide” or driving to any altitude above 300 meter.
Can I pay in Euro's?
Yes, Tenerife is in the EU and the local currency is Euros.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept all major credit and debit cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, and UPI.
Do you have a deposit policy?
Yes, a deposit is required in order to confirm any course or dive booking with Aquarius dive center Tenerife.
For guided dives, discover scuba diving program and snorkeling activities € 25 deposit is required. The balance of total cost is to be made at time of participation
For PADI and IANTD courses € 60 Deposit is required.
If the student/participant chooses to complete the theory part of the course, using PADI eLearning or IANTD digital course materials, there will be an registration fee of € 110, this fee is needed prior to the sending of eLearning/digital materials.
Exception is the Divemaster registration fee which is € 195. Nitrox is € 149, there are no further additional cost for the Nitrox eLearning.
The registration fee is not refundable and the balance of the total cost is to be made at time of participation.
Payments methods available:
- In person at dive center , credit card or cash.
- From overseas, bank transfer, credit card or PayPal.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- 100% deposit refund is given if cancellation is 48 hours or more prior to the start time of your activity.
- For PADI TecRec courses 50% deposit refund is given if cancellation is 48 hours or more prior to the start time of your activity.
- Less than 48 hours’ notice of cancellation your deposit is not refundable. This is to cover administration costs.
The registration fee of PADI eLearning codes and IANTD digital materials are not refunded.
What time zone is Tenerife in?
Time in Tenerife is GMT +1 – Greenwich Mean Time +1.