PADI Delayed surface marker buoy
The PADI Delayed surface marker buoy or DSMB course will teach you the techniques and skills to efficiently deploy a Delayed SMB. Deploying a DSMB is a skill which all divers should master while maintaining good buoyancy and trim.
Boats and current are two common factors associated with DSMB´s. The use of an DSMB adds another layer of safety, you create visual reference for boats and you can use the DSMB line to complete your safety or decompression stop. Take the course and learn about all the beneficial uses of a Delayed SMB.
Requirements for Delayed surface marker buoy
- You must be, minimum age of 12 years.
- Certified as a PADI (Jr.) Open water diver or equivalent.
PADI Delayed surface marker buoy program
During the theory you develop practical knowledge about common types of DSMB´s and SMB´s along with spools and reels used to control them.
In the dry runs you practice stowing and preparing your DSMB and spool and how to deploying the DSMB from a stationary position.
In the 2 open water dives you practice the techniques of deploying DSMB´s while maintaining neutral buoyancy, horizontal trim and team awareness.
How long will it take?
The complete course takes 1 day.
What does the PADI Delayed surface marker buoy cost?
€ 149* Included Taxes and:
- Transfer from hotel to dive center
- free transportation from dive center to dive site
- 2 dives
- Dry runs and Field-drills
- Temporary use of course materials
- Use of DSMB, SMB, spool and reel
- Scubapro dive equipment rental
- Cylinder refills during the course
- Delayed SMB certificate
* The price of € 149 is only valid when you use our online booking. Standard Delayed SMB price is 169 euro.
Delayed surface marker buoy – what will I need?
All you need is your dive certificate, logbook and dive insurance.
Flying After Diving guidelines say:
Divers should not ascend to a high altitude after single no-decompression dives, a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested. Whenever possible, wait 24 hours.
What will your next adventure be?