PADI Assistant Instructor Course
As a PADI Assistant instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI system of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a PADI scuba instructor!
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open water scuba instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Instructor.
Requirements for PADI Assistant Instructor
- You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization.
- Have 60 logged dives including navigation, deep and night dives.
- Certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Have CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months.
- Be fit for diving and submit a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
PADI Assistant Instructor program
You build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. The PADI Assistant instructor course consists of three sections:
Module 1: Academic Training
- PADI Discover scuba and snorkeling programs.
- Developing knowledge development presentations.
- How to teach project AWARE.
- Peak performance buoyancy specialty.
- Teaching in confined water.
- Conducting open water training presentations.
Module 2 & 3: Independent Study and Practical Application
- Knowledge development.
- Confined & open water teaching presentations.
- Standards exam.
- Dive rescue skills assessment.
How long will it take?
The complete course takes 4 days.
What can you do?
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant instructor you can:
Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor.
Evaluate Open water diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy specialty divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
Teach project AWARE specialty courses.
Give the AWARE coral reef conservation specialty course.
Conduct PADI Discover scuba diving experiences in a pool or confined water.
Conduct PADI Seal team AquaMissions.
Teach PADI Digital underwater photography specialty course under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital underwater photographer specialty Instructor rating.
What does the PADI Assistant Instructor cost?
€ 450 Included Taxes and:
- Free transport from dive center to the dive site
- Academic training
- Practical applications
Required PADI Assistant instructor materials
Not included in the course price!
- PADI IDC Crew pack Item Number: 60134.
- Current PADI Instructor manual, paper or digital.
- Recreational Dive Planner: table and eRDPML.
Assistant Instructor – what will I need?
You need your Divemaster and valid EFR certificate, medical statement, logbook and dive insurance.
For required (dive)equipment have a look at: PADI IDC Tenerife.
What will your next adventure be?
Go Pro like: PADI Instructor