PADI Tec 45
The PADI Tec 45 course is the second part of the full PADI Tec deep diver program. You will extend your depth limit to 45 meters/145 feet and learn to plan and execute repetitive decompression dives using a single stage/decompression cylinder.
It puts you in a complete Tec diving rig, which can be either backmount or sidemount. You will also make accelerated decompression dives using EANx or pure oxygen. This is a course where you’ll rise to the challenge and make the commitment to become a technical diver.
Requirements for Tec 45
- You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
- Certified as a PADI Tec 40 diver or equivalent.
- PADI Rescue diver.
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, with at least 12 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 meters/60 feet and 6 dives deeper than 30 meters/100 feet, with or without EANx.
- A Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Note for the purposes of this level, a qualifying technical certification is one that qualifies the student to make decompression dives to 40 meters/130 feet using air and EANx using open circuit scuba equipment, ask us if there is any doubt.
PADI Tec 45 program
Your Tec 45 training consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives.
Building on what you learned in the Tec 40 course, you focus on:
- The function and maintenance of technical diving equipment and associated issues.
- Fine-tuning gas planning and calculating accelerated decompression stops.
- Learn to think like a technical diver.
How long will it take?
* The complete program takes minimum 2 days if agreed prerequisites met (self study).
What does the PADI Tec 45 cost?
€ 449 Included Taxes and:
- Transfer from hotel to dive center
- Free transportation from dive center to dive site
- PADI/DSAT Tec deep diver manual, unless it is already in your possession
- 3 knowledge development sessions
- 3 Practical applications
- 4 dives, 1 confined water and 3 open water
- Rental double cylinder inclusive air
- Rental stage/decompression cylinder inclusive decompression gas up to 100%
- Rental stage/decompression regulator inclusive rigging kit and cam-bands
- Rental wing with back plate and harness
- Rental 2 first and second stages with longhose configuration
- Analyzer rental
- PADI Tec 45 certification
Note that decompression gasses are only included for the minimum requirements.
If you want to do the Tec 45 in sidemount configuration than you need to be certified as a PADI Tec sidemount diver. In that case the rental of the sidemount equipment is included in the course price.
Tec 45 – what will I need?
All you need is your dive certificate, logbook and dive insurance.
Standard dive equipment is not included in the program price but we offer a 50% discount on the rental price during this course.
Tec 45 qualifies you to:
Dive to a maximum depth of 45 meters/145 feet or less using air, enriched air and oxygen.
Make limited decompression dives.
Use a single decompression gas of up to 100 percent oxygen to make your decompression more conservative or to accelerate your decompression.
COMBO Tec 40 + Sidemount
Min. 4 days, 669 euro. – BOOK NOW
Tec 40 + Sidemount offers the same benefits as the PADI Sidemount course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2 tanks for extended decompression dive times.
COMBO Tec 40 + Tec 45
Min. 4 days, 749 euro. – BOOK NOW
A combo of the Tec 40 and Tec 45 courses, done consecutively.
COMBO Tec 40 + Tec 45 + Tec 50
Min. 7 days, 1099 euro. – BOOK NOW
A combo of the Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses, done consecutively.
Note minimum mentioned days if agreed prerequisites met (self study).
What will your next adventure be?