PADI Tec Sidemount
If you have looked into technical diving, you realize that tec divers always wear more than one tank. Sidemount is an increasingly popular way to configure multiple cylinders for technical diving. You can enter the world of Tec diving with the PADI Tec Sidemount diver course.
Tec Sidemount offers the same benefits as the sidemount diver course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2 plus cylinders for extended dive times, and is highly recommended if following Tec courses with sidemount configuration.
Requirements for Tec Sidemount
- You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
- Certified as a PADI Advanced open water diver or equivalent.
- It’s recommended that you also have a PADI Enriched air diver certification.
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply, ask us if there is any doubt.
What does the PADI Tec Sidemount cost?
€ 499 Included Taxes and:
- 5 dives, 1 confined and 4 open water *
- Knowledge development
- PADI sidemount diver manual, unless it is already in your possession.
- Use of complete sidemount system inclusive two cylinders and air
- Use of of 2 complete stage/decompression cylinders inclusive air
- PADI Tec sidemount certification
*If you don’t meet the required skill standards during the five Tec Sidemount dives, we will have to make additional dives, each additional dive will cost 89 euro, this includes necessary gases.
PADI Tec Sidemount program
The Tec Sidemount course consists of two knowledge development sections and five training dives.
You’ll learn about:
- Advantages of diving with a sidemount configuration.
- How to set up a Tec sidemount harness.
- Hands-on training during one confined water session and four open water dives where you will start with two cylinders and add at least two more.
Required dive equipment
- Adequate thermal protection (dry suit is recommended)
- If you dive in a wetsuit than a cargo short is mandatory (available for rent)
- Mask and rigid (non-split) fins
- Spool with a minimum of 30 m of line and a stainless steel double-ender
- One SMB (surface marker buoy), closed model
- One (enriched air) dive computers
- Wrist-mounted underwater compass
- Wetnotes with pencil plus stainless steel double-ender
- Knife or line cutter
Aquarius dive center prides itself on extremely high standards of safety and quality and as such reserve the right to refuse any equipment deemed not to meet these standards. To be sure that your equipment meets the course requirements you should contact us so we can discuss details in advance. If there is a need for you to buy equipment, you will find most of it in our dive shop, or online 24/7 at our webstore.
Tec Sidemount – what will I need?
You must bring proof that you meet the minimum requirements for Tec Sidemount, logbook and dive insurance.
The required dive equipment, not included in course costs, must either be brought by student or rented from us. We offer a 50% discount on standard dive equipment rental price during this course. Please check with us what is available to rent and, inform us in advance of requirements.
How long will it take?
* The complete program takes 3 days if the agreed conditions of self study are met.
Mandatory self study
Before the student attends the first course date, any knowledge development section(s), knowledge review(s) and, if applicable, the course handouts provided will be studied and all the necessary questions are answered by the student. If the student does not meet these requirements, the course needs to be extended by one (1) day and we will charge an additional 100 euro for this extra day.
1. To get the most out of your Tec Sidemount training it is important that you have control over your buoyancy and trim. As a guideline, you should be in a nearly horizontal position and remain stationary at a target depth while demonstrating a skill.
If you are unsure whether you can meet these requirements, consider following our XTend on TB – Trim and Buoyancy training.
2. If you need our pick-up service, please contact us about the possibilities.
Tec Sidemount qualifies you to:
Setup, plan and make dives with technical sidemount equipment after developing the base equipment-related motor skills and underlying knowledge.
Use sidemount equipment with more than 2 cylinders in the context of technical diving.