PADI Tec Sidemount
If you have looked into technical diving, you realize that tec divers always wear more than one tank. Sidemount is an increasingly popular way to configure multiple cylinders for technical diving. You can enter the world of Tec diving with the PADI Tec Sidemount diver course.
Tec Sidemount offers the same benefits as the sidemount diver course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2 plus cylinders for extended dive times, and is a prerequisite if following Tec courses with sidemount configuration.
Requirements for Tec Sidemount
- You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
- Certified as a PADI Advanced open water diver or equivalent.
- It’s recommended that you also have a PADI Enriched air diver certification.
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply, ask us if there is any doubt.
PADI Tec Sidemount program
The Tec Sidemount course consists of two knowledge development sections and five training dives.
You’ll learn about:
- Advantages of diving with a sidemount configuration.
- How to set up a Tec sidemount harness.
- Hands-on training during one confined water session and four open water dives where you will start with two cylinders and add at least two more.
How long will it take?
* The complete program takes minimum 3 days if agreed prerequisites met (self study).
What does the PADI Tec Sidemount cost?
€ 399 Included Taxes and:
- Transfer from hotel to dive center
- Free transportation from dive center to dive site
- PADI sidemount diver manual, unless it is already in your possession.
- Knowledge development
- 5 dives, 1 confined and 4 open water
- Rental complete sidemount system inclusive two cylinders and air
- Rental 2 first and second stages for sidemount configuration
- Rental of two stage cylinders inclusive air
- Rental of 2 stage regulators inclusive rigging kit and cam-bands
- PADI Tec sidemount certification
COMBO Tec 40 + Sidemount.
Min. 4 days, 669 euro.
Tec 40 + Sidemount offers the same benefits as the PADI sidemount course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2 tanks for extended decompression dive times.
Minimum mentioned days if agreed prerequisites met (self study).
Tec Sidemount – what will I need?
All you need is your dive certificate, logbook and dive insurance.
Standard dive equipment is not included in the program price but we offer a 50% discount on the rental price during this course.
Tec Sidemount qualifies you to:
Setup, plan and make dives with technical sidemount equipment after developing the base equipment-related motor skills and underlying knowledge.
Use sidemount equipment with more than 2 cylinders in the context of technical diving.
What will your next adventure be?