PADI Open water diver course
There is no better time than right now to start your PADI Open Water Diver course. Learn something that you can enjoy for the rest of your life!
PADI Open water is your ultimate ticket to dive anywhere in the world. There are just 3 simple steps to complete this!
1. Open water dives. (shore and boat*)
2. Confined water dives.
3. eLearning, learn the theory behind SCUBA diving.
There are no hidden costs involved in our courses. Don´t miss out!
Requirements for PADI Open water diver
- You must be, minimum age of 10 years.
- Comfortable in the water.
- This program is for Non-certified divers.
What does the Open water diver cost?
We have three pricing packages to choose from.
Via the link below you can already start with the eLearning part of the PADI Open Water Diver. You can do this in your own language and whenever it suits you, at home or even on the plane en route to Tenerife.
** eLearning fees are non-refundable in case of cancellation.
Open water diver program
Confined water dives are essential to enable you to learn with minimal effort in a very safe environment before progressing to open sea. You learn how to handle common problems that could be encountered underwater, generally get used to the SCUBA gear and grasp practical skills.
To complete the course you will do 4 dives with one of our instructors. During these dives you will experience the underwater beauty of Tenerife and demonstrate everything that you have learnt so far. These dives bring together the theory and skills learnt in confined water dives. This forms the basis of everything you will use in your future dives.
On completion of your 4th dive you will be awarded with a PADI Open Water Diver Certificate. This is an internationally recognized dive qualification enabling you to dive anywhere in the world.
The eLearning encompasses all the chapters in the PADI Open water manual. It covers the basic principles of scuba diving. You finish with a small exam to ensure you have gained the right level of understanding.
How long will it take?
The complete Open water course takes 3 days.
Open water diver – what will I need?
In short, all you need for the PADI Open Water Diver course is your swimsuit and towel.
A logbook, dive insurance and the use of Scubapro dive equipment are included in the course price.
1. * The last 2 dives can be from boat but this depends on weather conditions and students comfort.
2. If you need our pick-up service, please contact us about the possibilities.
3. Flying After Diving guidelines say divers should not ascend to a high altitude after single no-decompression dives, a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested. Whenever possible, wait 24 hours.
4. Maximum depth for PADI Junior Open Water Diver. Junior Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 11 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12m/40ft.
Junior Open Water Diver age 12-14 years old can dive with a certified adult other than a parent, guardian, or PADI professional, and they may dive to 18m/60ft.