Advanced open water diver course
When completing the advanced open water diver course you build on your existing PADI open water diver knowledge and diving skills under the guidance of one of our PADI instructors.
This qualification will enable you to dive deeper and on more challenging sites than the Open water diver certification. Certain dive destinations or dive sites require PADI Advanced open water as a minimum requirement to dive.
Don’t be disappointed by having to miss a dive such as a night, deep or a wreck dive. Prepare yourself by getting this worldwide recognized qualification. This course is not only informative, professional and safe but a whole lot of fun too.
Tenerife offers the ideal conditions to do your PADI Advanced course. Crystal clear warm Atlantic water all year round, plus beautiful underwater volcanic scenery with lots of colorful marine life.
Requirements for Advanced open water diver
- You must be, minimum age of 12 years.
- Certified as a PADI (Jr.) Open water diver or equivalent.
- 2 days
- 5 Dives
- Scubapro equipment rental
- Min. Open water diver
- 48 hours- free cancellation*
Advanced open water program
The standard package of the Advanced diver program includes 2 dives in a safe environment to allow you to develop as a diver. These are:
- Deep dive
- Underwater navigation dive
As well as the standard package you will do 3 more dives to complete the Advanced open water diver course.
- Wreck dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy dive
- Digital Underwater Photographer or Night dive
The PADI Advanced Manual provides all the necessary theoretical and background information, preparing you for the 5 qualifying dives. There is a short test with questions at the end of the theory to ensure you have learned all that is required.
Before each dive, to ensure everything is clear, you will receive a thorough briefing and be told what is expected on that particular dive, by one of our PADI Instructors. This makes sure you are fully prepared and gives you the chance to ask any questions.
How long will it take?
The complete Advanced Open water course takes 2 days.
What does the Advanced open water diver cost?
€ 269 Included Taxes and:
- Transfer from hotel to dive center
- Free transport from dive center to the dive site
- 5 dives
- Adventures in diving manual
- Temporary use of course materials
- Scubapro dive equipment rental
- Cylinder refills during the course
- Advanced diver certificate
* The price of € 269 is only valid when you use our online booking. Standard Advanced diver is 299 euro.
Every extra session or dive cost € 40 in extra.
With the PADI Advanced open water diver eLearning option you can complete the theory online at home in advance. This enables you to move through the course at your own pace and convenient time.
Once you have completed the theory, in order to obtain the qualification of Advanced diver, you’ll join us at our dive center to complete the practical part of your training. This includes the 5 qualifying dives in the clear warm water of Tenerife. You will also have the chance to clarify any of the theory if you need to.
After you got your eLearning code you have 1 year to complete your training.
* If the student/participant chooses to complete the theory part of the course, using PADI eLearning, there will be an registration fee of € 110. This fee is needed prior to sending of eLearning materials. The registration fee is not refundable and the balance of the total cost is to be made at time of participation.
To sign-in for Advanced diver eLearning click on the “shop now” button.
Advanced open water – what will I need?
All you need is your swimsuit, towel, Open water certificate, logbook, dive insurance.
Flying After Diving guidelines say divers should not ascend to a high altitude after single no-decompression dives, a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested. Whenever possible, wait 24 hours.
What will your next adventure be?