PADI Underwater navigator
Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI Underwater navigator specialty, you will master the challenge!
Keep underwater your track even if you don’t plan in advance. It will make your dives more relaxing and you avoid long swimming distances at the surface.
Requirements for Underwater navigator
- You must be, minimum age of 10 years.
- Certified as a PADI (Jr.) Open water diver or equivalent.
PADI Underwater navigator program
In the theory section you will learn the various methods of distance determination in combination of natural and compass navigation.
We look also to the different patterns that you can make underwater. A part of the theory will be spend in the use of the Nav-Finder/scuba sextant.
In the practical part we try the different methods of distance determination under water.
With and without Scuba Sextant you will learn how to create various patterns underwater and at the end you will be able to dive a specified route and make other divers clear how they can follow a underwater route what is made by you.
How long will it take?
The complete course takes 2 days.
What does the PADI Underwater navigator cost?
€ 211* Included Taxes and:
- Transfer from hotel to dive center
- free transportation from dive center to dive site
- 3 dives
- Temporary use of course materials
- Use of Nav-Finder and compass
- Scubapro dive equipment rental
- Cylinder refills during the course
- Underwater navigator certificate
* The price of € 211 is only valid when you use our online booking. Standard Underwater navigator price is 235 euro.
It is mandatory to have the PADI Underwater navigator manual what is not included in the course price. If you book the underwater navigator course you can buy this manual in our web store for the special price of 10 euro.
Underwater navigator – what will I need?
All you need is your dive certificate, logbook and dive insurance.
Flying After Diving guidelines say:
Divers should not ascend to a high altitude after single no-decompression dives, a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested. Whenever possible, wait 24 hours.
What will your next adventure be?