PADI Underwater naturalist
The PADI Underwater naturalist course will open your eyes to the amazing flora and fauna that live in the Atlantic waters around the coast of Tenerife.
This PADI specialty will give you a new perspective on diving and increase your appreciation of the underwater environment, in just 2 days.
Requirements for Underwater naturalist
- You must be, minimum age of 10 years.
- Certified as a PADI (Jr.) Open water diver or equivalent.
PADI Underwater naturalist program
In the theory session we look at subjects such as:
- Comparison between the world above and underwater.
- How people view and think about life underwater and its importance.
- Different plant and animal groups and the relations between them.
- The influence people have on the underwater environment.
- We discuss the underwater naturalist knowledge and then review answers from the course manual.
In the 2 open water dives training is given on how you can prevent destruction to the sea bottom and life under the sea in general.
Along with learning to recognize the local life, plants and animals, we will look at how the local people and the environment can influence the underwater balance.
The last task is to make a report about a specific plant or marine animal that lives here in the waters around Tenerife.
How long will it take?
The complete course takes 1 day.
What does the PADI Underwater naturalist cost?
€ 199* Included Taxes and:
- free transportation from dive center to dive site
- 2 dives
- Temporary use of course materials
- Rental of UW photo and filming camera
- Scubapro dive equipment rental
- Cylinder refills during the course
- Underwater naturalist certificate
* The price of € 199 is only valid when you use our online booking. Standard Underwater naturalist price is 225 euro.
It is mandatory to have the PADI Underwater naturalist manual what is not included in the course price. If you book the underwater naturalist course you can buy this manual in our web store for the special price of 10 euro.
If you need our pick-up service, please contact us about the possibilities.
Underwater naturalist – what will I need?
All you need is your dive certificate, logbook and dive insurance.
What underwater life you can expect?
Tenerife boasts an abundance of marine life like:
- Shoals of roncadores, trumpet fish and rays.
- Angel sharks, turtles, cuttlefish and wrasse.
- Sea horses, moray eels and arrowhead crabs.
- Nudibranchs, jewel anemones and shrimps.
- Starfish and scorpion fish, to name just a few.
You will learn how to identify the sea life and fish by various features. The clear water makes it easy to spot the life for identification.
Flying After Diving guidelines say:
Divers should not ascend to a high altitude after single no-decompression dives, a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested. Whenever possible, wait 24 hours.
What will your next adventure be?