PADI TecRec programs
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is the most popular diver specialty course and the number of technical divers is on the rise, which means that lots of scuba divers want enriched air and gas blends.
The PADI Tec Gas Blender course teaches you to blend enriched air nitrox and helium-blend gases using one or more blending methods.
Being the blender is a key job at a busy PADI Dive Center or Resort and your work allows other divers to do what they love to do – scuba dive.
You must be, minimum age of 18 years.
Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver or equivalent.
• Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply, ask us if there is any doubt.
The Tec Gas Blender course includes three practical application sessions, but no dives. During independent study and instructor-led review, you learn:
• About the advantages and disadvantages of different blending methodologies.
• To blend enriched air and trimix blends to within one percent of the target mix.
• About the potential hazards related to handling oxygen, and how to manage those risks.
• To demonstrate the steps for oxygen cleaning equipment, along with the requirements for oxygen service.
* The complete program takes 1 day if agreed prerequisites met (self study).
The Tec Gas Blender cost, 199 euro. Included Taxes and:
Free transfer from hotel to dive center.
PADI Gas Blender Manual.
3 practical application sessions.
Use of Oxygen and Helium analyzer.
Blending panel and Compressor use.
Use of Oxygen and Helium.
Oxygen cleaning equipment and liquids.
PADI Tec Gas Blender certificate.
The PADI Nitrox Gas Blender cost, 149 euro. Included Taxes and:
Same as Tec Gas Blender but without the Helium part.
Note during the PADI Nitrox Gas Blender we use up to 100% oxygen and is only meant for preparing Nitrox mixes.
You will be certified as a PADI Nitrox Gas Blender.