PADI Wreck diver
The PADI Wreck diver specialty course offers rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
Whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Wrecks are great to explore and usually full with aquatic life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or searching for something others have missed.
PADI Wreck diver program
In the theory section we will discuss the following aspects:
- Planning, organization and gas management.
- Problems and hazards of wreck diving.
- Special equipment and the configuration.
- Lines and reel techniques for entering in a wreck.
- Diving in low visibility and emergency procedures.
After this session we will practice some Dry-runs.
In the practical part we make 4 Open water dives what include:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Using penetration lines and markers to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
How long will it take?
The complete course takes 3 days.
What does the PADI Wreck diver cost?
€ 215* Included Taxes and:
- Transfer from hotel to dive center
- Free transportation from dive center to dive site
- Dry Runs and Field-Drills
- 4 dives
- Temporary use of course materials
- Scubapro dive equipment rental
- Wreck diver certificate
* The price of € 215 is only valid when you use our online booking. Standard Wreck diver price is 239 euro.
It is mandatory to have the PADI Wreck diver manual what is not included in the course price. If you book the Wreck diver you can buy this manual in our web store for the special price of 10 euro.
* Because of the depth during the wreck dive training all the wreck dives will be made on Nitrox, the Nitrox refills are not included in the course price.
If you book the wreck diver course but you are not Nitrox certified we can offer you the Nitrox specialty for the special price of 99 euro excl. Nitrox manual.
Wreck diver – what will I need?
All you need is your diving certificate, logbook and dive insurance.
Your training dives are under the tuition of PADI Wreck dive instructor Harry Bakker, who has been diving and teaching since 1990. His main passion is wreck diving and the related techniques involved.
Some of Harry´s main achievements were the discovery of multiple wrecks in the Black Sea, one of the highlights being the discovery and identification of the Russian submarine SC-213 which sunk the Jewish refugee ship “Struma” killing over more than 780 people. An important piece of history to discover and map out.
During the past 2 decades he has carried out hundreds of wreck dives over dozens of sites, mainly in the Northern Hemisphere under harsh conditions. This makes Harry ideally suited to teach this specialty and we promises standards that can only come with that type of experience.
What will your next adventure be?