PADI Wreck diver
The PADI Wreck diver specialty course offers rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
Whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Wrecks are great to explore and usually full with aquatic life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or searching for something others have missed.
What does the PADI Wreck diver cost?
€ 299* Included Taxes and:
- 4 dives
- Wreck diver certification
* The price of € 299 is only valid when you use our online booking. Standard Wreck diver price is 335 euro.
PADI Wreck diver program
In the eLearning you find aspects about:
- Planning, organization and gas management.
- Problems and hazards of wreck diving.
- Special equipment and the configuration.
- Lines and reel techniques for entering in a wreck.
- Diving in low visibility and emergency procedures.
In the practical part we make 4 Open water dives what include:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Use of penetration lines.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
How long will it take?
The complete course takes 2 days.
Wreck diver – what will I need?
All you need is your swimsuit, towel, minimum required diving certificate, logbook and dive insurance.
The use of Scubapro dive equipment is included in the course price.
1. Because of the depth during the wreck dive training we highly recommend to be Nitrox certified so the dives can be made on Nitrox, the Nitrox refills are not included in the course price.
2. If you book the wreck diver course but you are not Nitrox certified we can offer you the Nitrox specialty for the special price of 149 euro incl. eLearning
3. *eLearning fees are non-refundable in case of cancellation.
4. If you need our pick-up service, please contact us about the possibilities.
Advanced wreck training
Are you interested in Advanced wreck dive training? Check out our IANTD wreck diver given under the tuition of IANTD Wreck dive instructor Harry Bakker, who has been diving and teaching since 1990. His main passion is wreck diving and the related techniques involved.
Some of Harry´s main achievements were the discovery, mapping and research of multiple wrecks in the Black Sea like the Arkadia, Paris, Sadu, Mitera Zafira, Vishva Shanti, You Xiu etc.
One of the highlights being the discovery and identification of the Russian submarine SC-213 which sunk the Jewish refugee ship “Struma” killing over more than 780 people. An important piece of history to discover and map out.
During the past 2 ½ decades he has carried out hundreds of wreck dives over dozens of sites, mainly in the Northern Hemisphere under harsh conditions. This makes Harry ideally suited to teach advanced wreck dive training and we promises standards in the IANTD wreck diver that can only come with that type of experience.
What will your next adventure be?