Sealife Sea Dragon 3000F Auto
Two red LEDs emit a 88° wide “stealth mode” beam that won’t scare away nighttime sea creatures and preserves your eye’s natural night vision. Powered by a rechargeable 25Wh lithium ion battery, the light burns for a full hour at 100% power at constant brightness with its new COB LED 120° beam angle. Depth rated to 100m / 330ft.
The Sea Dragon 3000 (SL678) Auto’s Auto Flash Detect Mode turns the light off for one second when an external flash is detected. This assures a well lit photo and prevents shadows in your images. Select the Auto Bright Mode and the 3000 light’s photocell light sensor will automatically regulate brightness based on proximity to the object in 10-step brightness levels. Includes Flex-Connect Single tray, grip and GoPro® Camera adapter.
Auto Flash Detect Mode & Auto Bright Mode
The Sea Dragon 3000 Auto’s Auto Flash Detect Mode turns the light off for one second when an external flash is detected. This assures a well lit photo and prevents shadows in your images. Auto Flash Detect Mode can also be turned off if this feature is not desired.
The Sea Dragon 3000F (The “F” stands for Flood beam) brightness can be adjusted manually or automatically with its built-in photocell light sensor. The Auto Bright mode automatically adjusts from 300 to 3000 lumens based on proximity to the subject, helping to preserve your eye’s natural night vision and extending battery life. The light can also be manually adjusted to 100%, 50% or 25% brightness.
Red LED “Stealth Mode”
Two integrated 180-lumen red LED’s cast an 88° beam. At night or in caves or shadows, the red LED’s preserve your eyes natural low light function; allowing you to see gauges and your surroundings, at the same time the red LED’s do not frighten fish like skittish reef fishes that disappear from bright underwater LED lights. The red LED’s are powerful enough to assist the camera’s auto focus and will turn off for 1 second when a Strobe/Flash is fired.
The Sea Dragon 3000F is easy to expand with SeaLife’s Flex-Connect system of trays, grips, arms and adapters. The 3000 can be connected to any underwater camera system using standard ¼-20 tripod or GoPro camera mounts. Flex-Connect ball joint, YS and cold shoe mounts are available making the Sea Dragon 3000 compatible with any underwater camera.
- Powerful 3000 lumens featuring BridgeLux Gen 7 Vero COB LED Array.
- Auto Bright mode adjusts from 300 to 3000 lumens to preserve your eye’s natural night vision and extends battery life.
- Auto Flash Detect mode*. Light turns off for 1 second when detecting external flash. Flash detect can be turned on or off. Flash detect works in all 5 light modes.
- One button control for easy operation. One button to power light on/off and select brightness.
- Five Light modes: 3 white modes (Manually adjust to 100%, 50% or 25%), 1 white Auto (Automatically adjusts from 10% to 100%) and 1 Red light mode.
- 60 minute burn time at full power.
- Constant brightness – Regulated circuitry so light won’t dim with battery power.
- 80 Color Rendering Index (CRI) that mimics natural daylight.
- Easy to expand with Flex-Connect™ trays, grip and flex arms.
- Quick-release button to detach light and aim in crevices and hard to reach areas.
- 120° wide beam angle evenly illuminates the subject with no hot spots. 90° underwater.
- Emergency mode emits blinking light or SOS signal to alert others of distress. Activated by holding down power button for 5 seconds from power off state.
- Depth rated to 100m (330 ft).
- Corrosion-proof metal light head for heat dispersion and durability.
- Removable 25Wh 3400 mAh Li-Ion battery w/ charger and international plug adapters included.
- Waterproof battery compartment protects internal electronics even if light accidently floods.
- Includes standard single tray, grip and compact travel case.
- Mounting tray with universal ¼-20 screwfits all SeaLife and other brands.
What´s in the box:
- Sea Dragon 3000 UW Photo-Video Light head.
- Flex-Connect single tray.
- Flex-Connect grip.
- 25Wh 3400mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery.
- AC Power Adapter.
- Charging tray.
- Int’l plug adapters.
- Spare O-rings.
- O-ring lubricant.
- O-ring removal tool.
- Adapter for GoPro Cameras.
- Sea Dragon Case.
Sea Dragon 3000F Auto Photo/Video Light Specifications
|Body Material||Anodized aluminum light head with fiber-reinforced polycarbonate body|
|Light Source/Bulb Type||1x COB LED Array (BridgeLux Gen 7 Vero LED Array – BXRE-50E4001-C-74)
2x Cree XP-E red LED’s
|Brightness||White light: 3000 lumens (maintained throughout run time at full power)
Red light: 180 lumens
|Brightness Control/Light Modes||100% white → 50% white → 25% white → Auto white → Red → repeat cycle|
|Color Rendering Index||80|
|Beam Angle||White Light: 120° on land / 90° underwater
Red light: 88° on land / 66° underwater
|Battery||Lithium Ion 7.4V, 3400 mAh, 25Wh (included)|
|Battery Charge Time||170 minutes|
|Run Time||60 minutes at full power, 120 min at half power or Auto, 240 min at quarter power|
|Depth||Tested to 330 feet/100 meters|
|Dimensions||8.5″ x 9.5″ x 2.3″ (22cm x 24cm x 6cm), fully assembled with light head, battery, grip and tray
5.1″ x 2.2″ x 4.1″ (13cm x 5.6cm x 10.4cm), head only
|Weight||14.4 ounces (408 grams) light head w/battery installed|
|Bulb Life||35,000 hours|
|O-ring||Dual silicone O-rings (lube included)|
*CRI is a measure of a light source’s ability to show object colors “realistically” or “naturally” compared to daylight, which has a CRI of 100 and represents the maximum value.
The beam angles for the Sea Dragon lights are shown as the true, tested “in-air” (above water) beam angle. Underwater, due to light refraction, the angle tightens to approximately 33% less.
Avoid using this Sea Dragon light above water for prolonged periods of time
The light is designed for underwater use and water is needed to displace heat. The metal light head at full power will reach temperature of about 140F (60C) degrees within a few minutes, which may cause burning if touched. A thermal sensor will automatically dim the light if internal temperatures reaches 150F (65C) degrees. Immediately turn off light if any parts of the light become hot to the touch.