IANTD Advanced EANx diver
IANTD Advanced EANx diver, also called Advanced nitrox diver is designed to extend the diver’s knowledge in the use of EANx. This course develops diving skills and provides a greater understanding of the EANx concept of diving in a more advanced setting.
The advanced EANx program qualifies divers to do dive to 42 m and carry out planned decompression stops of up to 15 minutes.
Requirements for Advanced EANx diver
- Must be IANTD Nitrox diver and IANTD Deep diver qualified or equivalent. The Deep diver program may be taken concurrently with the Adv. EANx diver course.
- Proof of a minimum of 30 logged dives or sufficient experience to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
- It’s mandatory that you demonstrate good buoyancy and trim. A maximum of 20 degrees off horizontal is allowed and you must remain within 1 m of a target depth and stay stationary inside a radius of 1 m while demonstrating a skill. When you have doubt if you fulfill this requirements take in consideration to follow our XTend on TB – Trim and Buoyancy training.
- Minimum of 15 years of age for diver qualification with a parent or guardian authorization, OR; 18 years of age without consent.
IANTD Advanced EANx diver program
The course runs over 4 days. We cover in detail; the physics of diving, diving physiology, dive equipment and configuration options. The theory also covers dive planning including the use of decompression software.
There is a big emphasis on gas management, team diving and self-discipline. We finish the theory with an exam with a pass mark of 80%.
1 confined water session and 4 open water dives will be made including 1 non-decompression and 1 decompression dive between 30 and 42 meter.
During the open water dives we will practice a variety of dive techniques including gas switch training to a decompression gas. The open water dives will be made with mixtures between 21 and 39%, stops are made with EANx mixtures between 40 and 50%.
How long will it take?
The complete course takes 4 days.
First day outline
- Course explanation.
- Equipment setup.
- Dry runs.
Required dive equipment
- Double cylinders 12 l with isolator (rental is included during the course)
- Wing, the size and shape must be appropriate to the cylinder size used during the training
- Backplate and harness with one continuous piece of webbing and five D-rings
- One first stage with DIN connection that supply a primary second stage via a 2 m long hose (with stainless steel bolt snap) and a inflator hose connected to the wings inflator
- One first stage with DIN connection that supply a necklaced backup second stage via a short hose and a analog pressure gauge (the high pressure hose must contain a stainless steel bolt snap), if needed inflator hose for the dry suit.
- Adequate thermal protection (dry suit is recommended)
- If you dive in a wetsuit than a cargo short is mandatory
- Mask and rigid (non-split) fins
- Backup mask
- Spool with a minimum of 30 m of line and a stainless steel double-ender
- One SMB (surface marker buoy), closed model
- One extra stainless steel double-ender
- One backup light with stainless steel bolt snap, stored on the harness chest D-ring
- Two enriched air dive computers or one enriched air dive computer and one digital bottom timer (at least one multiple gas computer is recommended)
- Wrist-mounted underwater compass
- Wetnotes with pencil plus stainless steel double-ender
- Knife or line cutter and backup
Aquarius dive center prides itself on extremely high standards of safety and quality and as such reserve the right to refuse any equipment deemed not to meet these standards. To be sure that your equipment meets the course requirements you should contact us so we can discuss details in advance. If there is a need for you to buy equipment, you will find most of it in our dive shop, or online 24/7 at our webstore.
What does the IANTD Advanced EANx diver cost?
€ 549 Included Taxes and:
- Free transport from dive center to the dive site
- IANTD Advanced EANx student book
- Theory, 1 confined water session and 4 open water dives
- Rental dual-outlet cylinder inclusive air and/or EANx fillings
- Decompression cylinder rental inclusive decompression gas
- Regulator set rental for decompression cylinder
- Analyzer use
- Temporary use of course materials
- IANTD Advanced EANx diver certificate
If you need our pick-up service, please contact us about the possibilities.
Extra sessions, or open water dives, may be required to reach the standard. Each extra session costs € 89, this is exclusive gasses.
The required dive equipment, not included in course costs, must either be brought by student or rented from us. We offer a 50% discount on standard dive equipment rental price during this course. Please check with us what is available to rent and, inform us in advance of requirements .
It is also possible to do the course in sidemount configuration but the student needs to be certified as a sidemount diver and have proof of sufficient experience in sidemount diving. Please discuss with us for clarification
IANTD Advanced EANx diver – what will I need?
All you need beside the required dive equipment is your dive certificate, logbook and dive insurance.