The new D420 features a brand new balanced valve inside a housing supported by a full metal structure. Called the Progressive Flow Control Valve, it is able to deliver abundant airflow for the best breathing performance, with a natural smoothness comparable to what you might experience breathing on the surface.
The uniquely shaped fiberglass reinforced nylon casing is ultra-durable and allows the LP hose to be connected on either the right or left side for maximum rigging flexibility. A new dive/pre-dive system includes a switch on the top of the casing with a thumb tab for adjusting the direction of airflow right out of the valve. The highly efficient purge button is a technical jewel based on a new concept that gives the D420 its unique face.
Teamed with the venerable MK25 EVO balanced piston first stage, this is a regulator system purpose-designed for today’s avid divers and Scubapro brand enthusiasts everywhere.
Features first stage
- Air balanced flow-through piston design delivers consistent and effortless airflow,
regardless of depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully insulates the inner
mechanism from the environment, improving cold-water resistance by 30% and
delaying ice formation in extreme cold-water conditions without compromising
breathing performance. Key insulation system components are visible in blue.
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the
most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high-pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up
- Five high-flow and one axial super high-flow low pressure ports on a swivel turret
maximise hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune
performance quickly and easily.
- Weight: INT 232, 790g; DIN 300, 572g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >8500/301.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
Features second stage
- Uniquely shaped fiberglass-reinforced nylon casing carries on the D-Series
heritage with the latest advances in breathing performance technology.
- Air-balanced Progressive Flow Control Valve is able to deliver abundant
airflow with a natural smoothness comparable to breathing on the surface.
- Dive/pre-dive system includes a switch on the top of the case with a thumb
tab for adjusting the direction of airflow right out of the valve.
- Casing design features inner winglets that direct airflow towards the exhaust
valve, creating a dramatic improvement in exhalation effort.
- Diaphragm is located in the lower section of the casing to take advantage of
the pressure gradient in the upright position, making breathing even easier.
- Reversible hose attachment allows for either left- or right-side LP hose
connections for maximum rigging flexibility.
- Large purge button is easy to reach and press, with or without gloves.
- Exhaust tee is compact and efficiently deflects bubbles from the diver’s view while
enhancing ease of exhalation.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each
- Compact Hi-Flow mouthpiece improves airflow as well as mouth comfort, fitting all
mouth sizes, from largest to smallest.
- CE certified according the latest EN250A European Standards for all diving
conditions, including extreme cold water.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 216g.
- Airflow at 200bar: 1800 l/min – 64 SCFM.
|2nd Stage Design||Balanced|
|1st Stage Type||Piston|
|2nd Stage Series||D Series|
|Water Temperature||Cold, Temperate, Warm|
|Connector Type||DIN and INT|
|Nitrox Mix||Up to 40%|
|1st Stage Materials||Chrome-Plated Brass|
|2nd Stage Materials||Metal Components, Carbon Fiber Cover|
|Product Weight||1.2 kg / 2.6 lb|
|Adjustable 2nd Stage||No|
|2nd Stage Valve Housing Material||Technopolymer|